Thread: riddle me this
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 05:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Laphroaig

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
heres food for thought, for all you people concerned with the higher survivability rate among humans and the apparent weakening of the gene pool as a result(not an i dea i support or agree with). perhaps its a natural build up that takes place before our species expands its territory, as usually happens in the animal kingdom, perhaps people living on the moon or mars is closer than we think.

also, a catatastrophic event sometimes follows these build ups, disease being fairly common. robots being a possibility. if it seems like a good idea, not a joke, to make medicine, vaccines, to prevent the spread of disease, why would it not be obvious that we should take similar steps to prevent the spread of robots?
Hmmm. Good call, so robots are like HIV / AIDS, bird flu, or the McDonalds "killer e-coli" Big Mac of death. When will the first freaky churches shift their message from the "AIDS as punishment for turning the country into one big Sodom and Gomorrah", to "robots will kill the unworthy"?

I guess we can takes bets on whether it will be a HIV / AIDS, robots, or some other disease or catastrophe that will cause the extinction of humans. I am beginning to long for the good old days when we thought it would be a nuclear war between the US and USSR that would wipe out all life apart from cockroaches on the planet.

For the record, if robots become the new AIDS then I don't want to be on the receiving end of an attack of "full blown robots", or be forced to blow any robots if I can help it.