Thread: Toy Robots
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 07:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny15
Ofcoarse in 100,00 years, but I'm talking about in 50 years, anyways even in 100,000 years all electronics can be interfeared with and even fried with static electricity. I know this because when I order microchips they come in a static gaurd bag. DUH. Even if robots are made with artificail synapses and a nueral network they will always be able to be in a word "killed" by static.

Anyways robots wont ry to take over the world, and what I mant by your making stuff up is that your letting your dumb opinion get into your so alled responses. If i were you I would've finished highschool.
the singularity is much closer than 50 years, any prediction beyond the singularity may as well be written by a 5 year old, for all the authority it has. but you are conceding the point it sounds like, youre just right, you believe, for the next 50 years. in that case, i agree, i think we are probably 60-80 years away from a real showdown of any kind. its beyond the singularity, at any point, which is about 30 years if youre an optimist. with that kind of thinking, why is there even a debate about nuclear contaminant storage and long term environmental concerns, worries over pandemics and the like, its not in the next 50 years, so who cares?

on static being the be-all-end-all response to robots now, shifting your arguement from magnets...so...in effect, a robot in a static proof bag, like your microchips you order, would be safe....as you said, DUH! you gave your own rebuttal, DUH, lol!
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote