View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
NobleRot

Government Cyborg Insects

Posted on 3AM:

I read what DARPA is up to, and I'm telling you, this has Terminator 4 written all over it.
"In an announcement posted on government Web sites last week, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, or DARPA, says it is seeking "innovative proposals to develop technology to create insect cyborgs," by implanting tiny devices into insect bodies while the animals are in their pupal stage."
If this sounds familiar, it's probably because it's been the basic plot of several sci-fi horror movies. One of the creepiest, of course, is Demon Seed -- in which a super computer succeeds in raping its creator's wife in order to recreate itself in a hybrid baby.

I can see it now, DARPA developes robots to build cyborg sensory insects. Only, the robots decide to build a few "specialty" cyborg insects, and comical mayhem ensues.

If you're invovled with this project, take action now. A little sabotage now might just save the human race.

Here's a link to the full DARPA story-- http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...0147-9229r.htm
(Offline)   Reply With Quote