View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 07:44 PM   #111 (permalink)
The Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobralex297 View Post
Can't blame 'em for going to the higher paid jobs, hell, they're quite elite. Minimum four years in US Military Special Forces or equivalent.

By the way Gunner, I'm not sure if you saw my above post, but I'll add to it; I appreciate your service, you are doing the job of a real man, hopefully I'll be able to join you in a couple years, ... not the actual you, as the chances of that are slim, but the figurative you... the royal you... speaking of the US Military. But to add to earlier, if you send me or others your address once you get deployed, I'll be happy to send some stuff to you and your unit. I help run the annual drive for our school that goes out to those serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, I could probably swing it so that at least some of the total collection gets to you, if you're interested...

Regards,
Alex
Thanks Alex, and thanks to all of you for your support.

As per the contractors, they aren't any more elite than the rest of us. The thing about them being all former Operators is false, most of them that i worked with were either cops or regular joes like the rest of us. They went to the contractors so that they cn get all the same benifits that we get, but at a $600 (DEH convoy commander pay) a day basis. I don't blame them.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote