View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 07:39 AM   #117 (permalink)
Blitzgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunner View Post
Blackwater, KBR, DEH, and all those contractors in Iraq have an overbearing presence. I was on a PSD for a few months and we were replaced by a team of contractors, they did the exact same thing we did, the only difference was they got better weapons and got paid about 9 times as much as we do.

That's what so sad about that whole situation. They're doing the same work that our soldiers are trained to do but getting paid a ton of money (a lot of which is our taxpayer dollars b/c these companies are overcharging us by a huge amount for basic services). Our soldiers are assigned to protect them and get killed doing so. But if their workers do something wrong (like kill ten unarmed Iraqis like a few weeks ago), these companies try to claim that they aren't held to the same military justice because they aren't military. The families of those contract workers killed in Fallujah have been trying to sue Blackwater for more than three years, but the company keeps switching back and forth between claiming they're a civilian enterprise not held to military law or a military enterprise not held to civilian law. Blackwater makes Halliburton look like Sant-y Claus.