View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 11:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
AdamS

If you're not interested in a bit of critical analysis, please skip this post...

I liked it better than the pre-episode, and it was *pretty* good. I'm not trying to just complain; I really want to see this thing get good, which it definately has potential for.

I'm still not sure if you're trying to do something different than the audio podcast or what. The format is different but the content and humor are the same. We're watching some of the same content covered in the podcast here, again. Do you expect the audience to be much different than the audio podcast?

It seems to loose some of the "blemishes and all" extreme sincerity/authenticity that I love in your audio podcast and in other video podcasts (think diggnation or winelibraryTV). I'm not sure the KATG brand works with any kind of scripting. Keith, Chemda and guests work so well when you shoot from the hip.

The cuts are awkward, and as I see it, they are the biggest problem. I feel like the show is being reset after each one. It's as if each cut is a band-aid for not being able to go with a longer take, which everyone who listens to the audio show knows you can do. I know that video adds another layer of performance but if you go one un-rehearsed, un-scripted take, I think you'll really have something.

Also, you do so well just sitting around casually with guests, drinking and shooting the shit. Why not do that? Why not let the format be no different than the live filmings but on a controlled set?

I guess what I really want is a format like the Howard Stern TV show, but with KATG.

That's all I got. If I seem overly critical its because I've been wanting KATGTV for a long time. You've proven youself in the audio-podcast space, and I'm sure you'll succeed in the video podcast space as well.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote