View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #35 (permalink)
aunt_helen

ages

The month I turned 18, I dated a 29-year-old professional composer in Manhattan. I'd just moved to the city from bumfuck nowhere and didn't know anyone. This guy was really nice - he had so many reservations about fooling around with me, and asked all his friends if he was being a pervert and a fuckup. (Their answer? "She's legal.") He never felt comfortable about the age difference, even though we had good conversations and laughed a lot. After a couple of months it sort of fell apart - I wasn't super into him, and he never felt right about it - but then for the rest of the year (college freshman year to be exact) I'd be on the phone with him and he'd ask, "So, are you dating any nice boys YOUR OWN AGE?" and I felt like a loser, cause I wasn't.

Now I'm 30 and I just went to a dance club this weekend and ended up making out with a random 22-year-old boy who was travelling through town. He was cute, but I felt ridiculous kissing someone with a lip ring who called me "dude." He talked on and on about "Sacto," "graf" and "the scene." I have friends who are in their early 20's but this guy made me feel 1000 years old. I didn't give him my number or my last name.

I think VERY RARELY you have two people who connect regardless of their ages, but people change so much from 16 to 20 and again from 20 to 27, you might as well be a new person. Older dudes like younger girls because they don't question them or pose a challenge like adult women do. My two cents.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote