View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 01:27 AM   #28 (permalink)
lickmyballssuckmy

tux,
The Silverstein angle is a suspicious one to me. All the money he made over the years, plus that huge insurance policy, plus the comments about "pulling Building 7", followed by his silence on the subject until about 6 months ago when he finally publicly gave an explanation for the comments about "pulling Building 7." I didn't buy the explanation, so I still think something's funny.

The building fell just like a controlled demolition? Spooky pointed this out before but if the building is collapsing, it's not that strange that puffs of smoke would come out of the windows as they break.

I'd like to submit this idea.
http://science.howstuffworks.com/bui...implosion1.htm

Here's the first paragraph:
The basic idea of explosive demolition is quite simple: If you remove the support structure of a building at a certain point, the section of the building above that point will fall down on the part of the building below that point. If this upper section is heavy enough, it will collide with the lower part with sufficient force to cause significant damage. The explosives are just the trigger for the demolition. It's gravity that brings the building down.

My idea is this. The terrorists did their homework. They studied how to bring the building down with an airplane after failing to simply bomb it from the bottom in 1993. (If they had succeeded in 1993, my bet is that the building(s) would have buckled and fallen over sideways)

They deliberately crashed the airplane into an area of the building that would cause enough of the building to collapse onto the top of the rest of the building. From there, gravity brought the buidling down. It doesn't matter what the catalyst is. If the plane crashing into it set up the situation where the upper section is heavy enough and will collide with the lower part with sufficient force... then gravity takes over and the building slowly collapses under it's own weight. As more collapses, the weight of the falling part increases and the rate at which the building collapses increases. That's why it looked like something starting slow and then increasing to it's terminal velocity.

Short version - A proper demolition occurs at the beginning of the process. Gravity does the work. The terrorists studied the problem and came up with an alternative way to spark a controlled demolition. Gravity did the work.