View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 06:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogy
republicans are anti science.
umm...no, youre quite wrong here.

Quote:
this is the first year they will admit, in any numbers, that global warming is real.
ive been aware of the fact the earth is warming, the hole in the ozone above the antarctic, all that since grade school. republicans ge the same education as you, we go to the same schools.

Quote:
and even now, their attitude is to grin and say our scientists will find a solution while they did everything in their power to hinder them all the years before. regulations are anti business, after all.
because only republicans work for business', and theres a vast right wing conspiracy working hard to stop scientists from study. lost a few marbles?

Quote:
it isnt conservative businesses pioneering eco friendly technology.
really? because i thought the EV1 was made by general motors, i didnt realize they were so 'indy'

Quote:
its independent foundations unremitting determination to show that indeed humans are fucking the planet, not for people in the year 2300, but for our grandkids, kids, and many of the younger set on these forums.
most of which have a political agenda, sadly, which is why its hard to believe alot of shit they spout. its amazing how republicans are the problem, not the consumerism of americans or capitalism in general. no agenda there.

Quote:
it wasnt halliburton that warned us there is a dwindling, finite amount of oil. they are happy to keep drilling until the end, and then they will sell used drills. and then, out of need, they might work on alt energy sources.
exactly. they are a business, not a scientific organization. they are here to meet the needs and wants of the consumer. if you dont like them, boycott their products, unless your feet dont work for some reason.

Quote:
it is human intervention that is screwing up the planet. thats for sure. on my first trip to nyc i thought something was burning when i got outside the airport. it was just the air in queens.
a city of 8 million people, with the air not blowing in from the ocean, but out to it, its what you would expect. you should visit mexico city. strangely, republicans are somehow responsible there too. and india, holy crap, what a republican stronghold that must be, you should see the shipyards where they tear down old ships for scrap, toxic fumes, 1 in 3 workers gets cancer. those silly republicans, working on global domination.

Quote:
spooky, you seem like a pretty rational republican on other topics. this must be the one that determines your party afiliation.
nope. i believe people should have a right to govern themselves as their community or culture sees fit, not what some urban majority a thousand miles away believes. i dont think anyone has the right to say whats right for some one else. so im republican.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote