View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 07:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
cogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
umm...no, youre quite wrong here.
really? where is all the "debate" over the validity of evolution coming from? who approved sex ed materials that say condoms are useless? you cant blame it on religion alone. theres a reason they found a voice in the republican party.

Quote:
ive been aware of the fact the earth is warming, the hole in the ozone above the antarctic, all that since grade school. republicans ge the same education as you, we go to the same schools.
well, we all go to very similar schools. since schools are reserve and locally run, what they teach varies from area to area, especially in above topics.

Quote:
nope. i believe people should have a right to govern themselves as their community or culture sees fit, not what some urban majority a thousand miles away believes. i dont think anyone has the right to say whats right for some one else. so im republican.
sounds great as a generalization. not so great when kids have to learn they need to be abstinent or face stds and hell, or that humans are not only blameless but powerless over global warming.

Quote:
because only republicans work for business', and theres a vast right wing conspiracy working hard to stop scientists from study. lost a few marbles?
conspiracies are secret. cut funding is on cspan. instead of researching the effects of environmental hazards, money gets funneled into "faith-based initiatives." while research shows something like arsenic is dangerous in the water supply, a president can say regulations to control it are so antibusiness that hes willing to risk it.

Quote:
really? because i thought the EV1 was made by general motors, i didnt realize they were so 'indy'
like you said, business will not bend over backwards to be responsible. they need special incentives. i wasnt blaming global warming itself on business or republicans, anyway.

now that so much data has accumulated, now that so much of the world realizes that, like the earth circling the sun, its real, and most of all because companies like gm will go bankrupt in the very near future if they continue to base their products on gasoline-powered engines, they are coming to their senses.

i didnt mention conspiracies or global domination. the groups spouting the data i mentioned at least base their political agenda on empirically obtained facts, not on beliefs and convenience.