View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 07:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogy
really? where is all the "debate" over the validity of evolution coming from? who approved sex ed materials that say condoms are useless? you cant blame it on religion alone. theres a reason they found a voice in the republican party.
yeah, because the republican party is about tolerence for comminities, not forcing one view on a population. even opposing religions can get together under the same party, because ideally, their beliefs would be protected. if a non state funded school wants to have these things taught in their schools, i strongly support it, i would go to war for it. and i dont believe in any of it. none of this is an arguement that republicans are anti science. so please stay on topic and tell me how you arrived at that conclusion, because a small segment of religious zealots attempting to get their views heard or taught is not proof or even evidence of. try again.

Quote:
well, we all go to very similar schools. since schools are reserve and locally run, what they teach varies from area to area, especially in above topics.
religion is still not taught in public school, show me one example where a public school teaches evolution is not true.

Quote:
sounds great as a generalization. not so great when kids have to learn they need to be abstinent or face stds and hell, or that humans are not only blameless but powerless over global warming.
my republican state that i went to school in didnt teach id go to hell if i had sex, dont spin the facts. all schools, even ones in heavily populated democratic states taught roughly the same shit. when there was a presidential initiative to teach abstinence, they didnt only teach it to the south.

Quote:
conspiracies are secret. cut funding is on cspan. instead of researching the effects of environmental hazards, money gets funneled into "faith-based initiatives." while research shows something like arsenic is dangerous in the water supply, a president can say regulations to control it are so antibusiness that hes willing to risk it.
how is any of that evidence of a conspiracy? one president making a judgement call is proof? is clinton a terrorist, then, because he let osama go and 'funneled' money away from intelligence. cutting funding on CSPAN is not a conspiracy, its cutting funding. instead of spending more money on the human genome project research, clinton spent it on revitalizing inner cities in a ploy to get minority votes, therefore democrats are all part of a conspiracy to hurt science and gain power? see, these arguements are ridiculous. you dont like one particular politician, and are painting all in his party with the same brush.

Quote:
like you said, business will not bend over backwards to be responsible. they need special incentives. i wasnt blaming global warming itself on business or republicans, anyway.
well, we disagree here. the consumer is the problem, more than the producer. you can fine companies like monsanto for breaking the environmental laws, and they simply budget the fines in and pass the cost to the consumer. eventually, when the cost gets to high to produce here, they produce someplace else. but keep on raising taxes and go after the companies, keep plugging the dike with your thumb, its real productive. maybe your war on business will go as well as the war on drugs, and youll succeed only in making things more expensive for everyone.

Quote:
now that so much data has accumulated, now that so much of the world realizes that, like the earth circling the sun, its real, and most of all because companies like gm will go bankrupt in the very near future if they continue to base their products on gasoline-powered engines, they are coming to their senses.
conjecture. if GM goes out of business, it will be because of pension plans, not the cars they make. they will adjust what they produce according to what the market demands. you keep telling me i dont think theres global warming, i keep telling you i know whats happening. why cant you wrap your arguement around that? not included in your talking points? the temperature of the world has varied drastically over the last 50,000 years. you can tell by measuring the CO2 levels in ancient arctic ice core samples. its been alot hotter, its been alot colder, both without humans around. if humans cause one or the other(and global warming, im sure since you know so much about it, leads directly to ice ages) the world will get by just fine.

Quote:
i didnt mention conspiracies or global domination. the groups spouting the data i mentioned at least base their political agenda on empirically obtained facts, not on beliefs and convenience.
sources? how are the republicans responsible and the democrats arent? spell it out for me. and any company you chose to burn an effigy of, please have proof that its a company owned and operated by republicans.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.

Last edited by spooky; 05-29-2006 at 08:04 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote