View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 10:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
shantastic

what's the weirdest injury you've ever gotten?

i was thinking of this weird thing that happened to me when i was in high school today when i saw the scar on my finger and thought i'd share what a freak accident it was and see what kind of crazy injuries you guys have gotten.

i worked at an ice cream stand in high school with a bunch of my friends and one time we found a santa claus mug at the ice cream stand and just to be stupid, i smashed the mug outside in the parking lot, just right in the middle of an ordinary conversation. it was really hilarious and my friend went to the thrift store the next day and bought some random ceramic stuff (an owl, a clown, a geisha) and brought it to work that night. after work we had a ceramic smashing extravaganza which, at the time, was the funniest thing ever (i don't know why. i was 16. and i guess seeing the head pop off a ceramic geisha and roll across a parking lot is kind of funny...). when we came to the grand finale, a shiny ceramic clown, my friend threw it onto the parking lot and the head broke off but the body stayed intact. i picked up the body and threw it but the jagged edge where the head used to be caught on my right index fingertip and pretty much sliced off a big, deep hunk of finger. i didn't realize how deep it was at first but we went in to the bathroom to wash it off and when the water hit it and washed enough blood off to see it, i realized it was pretty bad. we couldn't get it to stop bleeding so we called the fire station that was about a mile away and asked if it would be okay/necessary for us to stop by so somebody could help me bandage it up (the band-aids from the first aid kit were not cutting it...). they responded by sending a firetruck, sirens and all, with 4 firemen to the ice cream stand. they patched up my finger and we gave them a bunch of free ice cream.

now my right index finger pretty much has no fingerprint because it's all scar where it got sliced off. and it still hurts to press on it, even though this happened about 6 years ago.

photographic evidence:
(Offline)   Reply With Quote