View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 11:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
i_like_cheese_2001

I got a scar over the right eye from when I was at a McDonald's for a girl's 5th birthday party. She shoved me into the table and I had to get stitches (first and only time).

I got stabbed in the eye in first grade with a pencil. (me and the class idiot in front of me were furiously trying to erase my worksheet about Abe Lincoln where I made him say "I eat butts!!!!" before the teacher came. Poor motor skills + sharp objects = losing eyes.

My friend had a scooter back in 8th grade, like this one, but not powered. Being the 12 year old geniuses we were, we decided to put bike pegs on the front wheel, so we could ride it two personed down a hill. That got tiring after a while, so I rode it down the hill sitting down. I leaned into a turn at the bottom of the hill, the peg hit the ground, and (because the peg hit the ground on one side, the handlebars rotated super quickly. And (because supergenius over here was sitting down, and the handlebars were now at eye level) cracked me square in the eyebrow. I'm still sporting a wicked scar over the left eye from this one. Should have gone to a hospital, but I don't care for the smell.

The last full day of 8th grade, the gym class walked on a field trip to McDonald's. With the Jackass TV series in full-swing, the walk was filled with various acts of stupidity, but nothing resulting in injury. Once we got to McDonalds, we decided we'd rather eat Little Debbies at the gas station across the street (note: highway). We ran off across the parking lot hoping the teachers wouldn't see us, and jumped through the row of hedges at the other end of the lot. Everyone else just sorta hopped through, but (with me being awesome and all), I decided to swan dive as high and dramatically as I could. Unbeknownst to me, the ground on the other side of the hedges wasn't level with the parking lot, but was in fact, a giant ditch (on the side of a rural highway? Who knew...). I landed on my side with a crack, and sprinted across the street, but it felt like I got punched in the stomach. Turns out I broke my collarbone (there was about 4 inches of separation between the two pieces of bone). I got to ride back to school in the teacher’s Mustang, where I proceeded to wave like the queen to all the “suckers” that had to make the trek back to school on foot. From the school I was picked up by my mom, and taken to the hospital where they told me the most obvious thing that I’ve ever paid 400 dollars to hear: I had broken my collarbone, and was about to have a very long, very boring summer.

Last year in shop class I shoved my thumb into a table saw to try and reach a piece of wood. It went in about a half inch from the tip down... still kinda hurts to text on my phone, but my video game ability has recovered fully.

I've singed hair off too many times to count messing around with lighter fluid/butane/fire/paper/etc. too many times to count it as a "weird" injury anymore.

That's all that (due to these and other various head injuries) I can remember for now...

(Offline)   Reply With Quote