View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 10:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
Annie

For the record, I am the one being asked. I have no previous experience but am known to be the one to help out a friend. After being reprimanded by a third-party for saying "no", I started to think maybe I was being an ass.

I sent an email to get more clarification about what they expect since the third party said it's a computer with a playlist where "all you have to do is hit play". Having only been to weddings with DJs, I have nothing to gauge this against, and it seems deceptively easy. I just picture a "we want to do the father/daughter dance now... where's Annie...why isn't she over here? She should know" situation due to lack of communication of expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal
Wait, so you're not getting paid for this? Any outside person being hired to perform as DJ/MC is getting paid.
No I wouldn't. And I very much understand getting free help where you can - especially with a wedding. So even if I do it, I would never want to get paid. It just feels like they are considering it a task like the guestbook when it, right now, looks more like a job than a task.