View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 03:26 PM   #61 (permalink)
marina

I have a ton of these

When I was a kid I fell and scraped up both my palms on my friends driveway. It would have been fine, but the scrapes were in the center of my palms and the scabs would break every time I moved my hands, so my friends mom taped boards on my hands one at a time in order to give them time to heal. I had scars there for a few years, but they've gone away now.

Also when I was a kid, I was playing with my grandmothers knitting needles, putting the sharp end of one against the left side of my neck and the dull end of the other against the right side of my neck and pretending that there was a really long knitting needle stuck in my neck. Of course I tripped, fell against the wall and the sharp end really did jab my in the neck. I ran to my grandma with the needle still in my neck and she just pulled it out, poured hydrogen peroxide in it and gave me a bandage.

When I was about 12, I flung the back door open, and because it was on a spring it had begun to close by the time I turned around to go back outside as I had changed my mind about being inside the house. I stuck my hand out to push the door open again, but I missed and my hand went straight through the glass window. I would have been fine, but in my fright, I yanked my hand back to my body, scraping my wrist lengthwise across a piece of glass that remained lodged in the window frame. I went into shock and stared at the blood as it flowed out of the gash and onto the floor. My mom freaked out and started hitting my shoulder yelling "don't freak out! Don't Freak Out!" My grandmother just went into the kitchen, got a towel and started to usher me to the car. I kept trying to go back into the house to change my skirt. For some reason, I felt that the one I was wearing was too short to visit the hospital in. The doctor said that the glass went right in between two major veins, narrowly missing my tendons. I only needed two stitches inside my wrist and eight to close the wound.

And finally, a few months ago I was trying to walk down my brothers driveway and I failed to realize that his neighbor's driveway is a completely different angle than his, so I tripped, fell and scraped the top of my left food along the curb that divides the two driveways for a good few feet. This is what it looked like a few days later:

I have a scar that looks like something took a bite out of the top of my foot.

Last edited by marina; 08-02-2008 at 03:31 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote