View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 07:24 PM   #227 (permalink)
standardman

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
The dreamcast was a decent console, but it was just at a weird time, with a weird prior screw-up called the Saturn. Sega was always in a weird position with the console wars. Nintendo had them majorly outguned throughout the process, the Genesis was one of the most but-uggo things on the planet, and had shite sound in comparison.

Then the Sega CD? Oy - that was a clusterfuck of an add-on.

The Saturn flopped.

The Dreamcast had no support after the prior history.

Now let me back that up, I had every system that I mentioned. I had a Game Gear. Fuck, I used to have a Lynx.

I loved them, but they weren't relevant and it showed.
The main problem with Sega was that they were terrible at marketing and they were going up against Sony who did the Playstation 1 and 2 marketing exactly right.

I think the Mega Drive, Saturn and Dreamcast were great consoles with lots of now classic games but they really shot themselves in the foot.

Quote:
More bitching - I tried Army of Two and I guess I'm spoiled with third person games, the controls sucked anal glands, and it was the most homo-erotic game I've ever played. I'm amazed there's not a cheat code where you can go have a hot coffee episode and blow each other in a back room somewhere.

I'm done with new games for now. At least until Gears 2
wat.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote