View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 07:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
marina

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogToon View Post
I was vegetarian for a few years, but traveling abroad I found it difficult to maintain that type of diet.

Some longtime vegetarians report nausea and other gastrointestinal symptoms after consuming meat. The levels of enzymes and digest protein and fat can drop off when you stop eating meat. So some of the symptoms could be the result of those enzymes suddenly being asked to work harder than they have in a while. And it could also be psychosomatic as people think of some poor animal somewhere. However, these hasn't been any study that has proven vegetarians lose the ability to digest meat.

And the good news is, even though the levels of enzymes may have dropped, they quickly rise again once you fall off the wagon.
Good chicken broth is pretty fatty, and it's helpful to start with less fatty meats - like the white meat of chicken. Then work your way up to more fatty meats like pork and beef.

Hope that helps some.
I never thought of chicken broth as being more fatty than an actual chicken, but it makes sense now. Thanks
(Offline)   Reply With Quote