View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 12:51 PM   #50 (permalink)
punk'n
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymztheKing View Post
Here is my view on the whole thing:

The reason for the child molestation laws are not because the police are giant cock blocks. It doesn't matter how many health/fucking/shit classes you take, there are several things as a CHILD (gonna say under the age of 20) you fundamentally don't understand. At this point you are in a bubble and don't understand the adult world at all. What is worse is that you think you know it better than the adults that live there. So when you're a 16 year old and you're approached by a 30 year old man who is "really into you" because you're "not like the rest" you have no reason to distrust them because you think you're hot shit. And THAT is the part that makes it scummy; because the older men play into your lack of world perspective. They use you. You don't even realize it either because after all "you're 16 and totally have your shit together". "Your love is real."

I'm 24 years old, 195 lbs, married, not drunk, nipples slightly erect and do care about this post. I'm realizing JUST NOW how truly young and inexperienced I am. When older people used to call me a kid I just thought it was condescending bullshit. Come to find out, I AM REALLY A KID. I play video games on Xbox, eat entire bags of halloween candy, laugh hysterically at well timed farts, and think that at some point I'll REALLY make it as a rockstar/comedian/actor. I haven't even set up my 401k because I don't understand how those things were work (and I would probably spend the money on Xbox games and candy in a week anyway). I don't understand office politics and know that my bosses are pulling some next level jedi mind shit on me to make me stay late and work hard for crap pay. For the first time in a long time I have felt vulnerable to this world. I think that there are plenty of people and entities out there trying to fuck me out of money, opportunities, credit rating, and general happiness. And to me that is what growing up is about, realizing that there are people out to get you. Again as a CHILD you don't think that exists, you think you should just kill time on MySpace until humanity as a collective realizes your greatness.

In conclusion, being a child doesn't give you the right to fuck them.
I think this is a really intelligent way of putting it. I, too, am just now starting to understand the responsibilities of being an adult. And I still have to call my mom and ask her how long it takes to bake a potato, I still think money will miraculously appear from a tree when I need it, and I still get really excited when Spongebob is on. (26 YO)

When I was 16, 18, or even 22, I had no idea what being an adult was all about. It takes awhile to grasp it, so watch out little ones! If everyone older than you is telling you something, it's probably got at least a little truth to it.

And I know Chemda's made this point before, but when you're 20 or 22, you would be absolutely DISGUSTED with a guy your age dating a 15 or 16 YO. You're not hot shit, the guy's a loser.