Thread: 871: 4"Stud
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #63 (permalink)
DJ Trashy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
And if we're really going to consider giving a religious group land purely because their people were on it a long time ago, don't we have to ask why they had it in the first place? Even the Bible portrays the Jews as as warlike and bloodthirsty as every other peoples surrounding biblical Israel (like in Numbers, for example, when Moses commands Israelites to "kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." That's a quote from the motherfucking Bible). So by what right do the Jews own that land?
First we'd have to establish the authenticity of the record. Frankly you end up with multiple semi-nomadic tribes all over the place. But still, try tying those people from 1000 BC to any group of people today. I mean genetically. You can't do it. There is no unbroken lineage of Jewish heritage that has been proven. The religion is still here, but religion and ethnicity are two separate things. My ancestors were Quakers, but that doesn't mean I can go claim my gggggggreat grandfather's original land in northern Delaware. (and there's that pesky native American thing again)

Oh, and it's the same for Palestinians - most couldn't establish lineage directly back to 1000BC or so although they'd be closer than modern Jews. Jus' sayin'
(Offline)   Reply With Quote