View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 01:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
lalalemon
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Okay. I think this is my first katg complaint. Possibly ever.

i was kind of bothered with Ayn this episode. One- she was annoying. Two- her off-handedness about eating disorders kind of upset me.

Yes, I fucking have an eating disorder and it fucking sucks. Maybe I'm annoyed with her because she reminds me of myself when I try to brush off the fact that what I'm doing is very unhealthy. Maybe I'm angry at the fact that I struggle with something that she finds so inconsequential.

Whatever it is, it hurt a little bit.

Bulimia has made my life hell. I get anxious at most meals, stress more over food than exams. In the last year and a half, I've had three cavities due to the stomach acid, gone over 4 months without a period, and sometimes find myself wallowing in depression or guilt over what I just had for lunch.

I hate it, but I do it anyway because like Ayn said, " it feels so good...clean."
I might just be being sensitive, but I just wish she hadn't been so nonchalant about it.

I do agree with her that the majority of teenage girls go through some sort of ED phase. In my group of high school friends, I can name at least 5 of 7 or 8 girls that either had an eating disorder or still have an eating disorder.

Ayn, I still think you have an eating disorder even if you're only making yourself throw-up once a week. You're doing it to make yourself feel better. It's part of your routine.

sorry to be so very serious.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote