Thread: Frak Me
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #321 (permalink)
spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
So how would you have ended it then?
that's off topic and not a reason why you are not qualified to offer critique(not that i think you are saying that)

Remember that episode when Kara is up against that cylon, I think they called him Scar? Remember how much personality it had?

Since we are dealing with the overall question of humanity, covering all the deadly sins, I probably would have made some Cylon faction believe that humans were Gods, remnants of whatever original programming that Asimov may have made up, "do no harm to humans, revere life", and were attempting, through manipulation of other cylons, to set them at war with humans to either prove the humans' status as gods or eliminate the unfaithful altogether. Exploring the moral/ethical faults in humanity by examing a twisted mirror of ourselves and our works sort of thing. I'm sure there could be some twists added, a cylon Judas maybe. Or at some point, Galactica fights these Cylons, forcing them to decide to fight or sacrifice their own lives for their "faith". Maybe they took a few humans with them when they left years ago, and where are they now? Could they have developed something to make these humans have a Cylon conscience? Taking that a step further, could there be some kind of body snatchers thing possible, where cylons can take a human body and essentially drive it around? What abuses of that power may happen as a result?

Thats just throwing shit out there, surely that alone is better than "God made it happen" as the answer for every single event that ever happened on the show. If I had a team of writers and more than 2 minutes to summon a plot, something better can surely be made of BSG.

Whats done is done, I'm glad I won't have to bother with the spin offs and movies coming up, as we already know the cop out the stories will be forced to end with.

Any of you BSG fans who remain loyal, care to explain how you will be able to sit through and enjoy any of the new stuff in the works, when you know that nothing that happens has any meaning to the story? That they will end it abruptly and again without explanation? Are you just going to be guessing which characters actually exist and which ones are angels? That's about the only thing entertaing I can think of to do as you watch and dismiss any apparent(though meaningless) story development. Does it bother you that they have drifted away from the awesome space battles and action in favor of soap opera style stories, one has to assume that that trend will continue. I wouldnt be surprised if they save money and eliminate it altogether. What reason do you have to go forward in this "universe" they created?
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote