Thread: Frak Me
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #322 (permalink)
andsoitgoes

Let's make this simple.

Find me more than a small, SMALL handful of shows that have ended with any sense of accomplishment.

TV Shows, simply, don't end well. BSG is no exception to that rule.

So Moore and the like didn't have a decent plan to wrap up the series, very few shows do. I still enjoyed the series. I also *liked* the finale, but at the same time I was in it for the characters and their development.

There were some things I didn't like about how it wrapped up, but I'm willing to let that go for everything else that was there, honestly.

I know that it's dramatically different from NCFoM (was he behind the door, what happened to the money, etc) but what about all the other movies that leave the ending/future open for complete interpretation?

"God" has been a force throughout the entire series from day one. Everything was for "God's plan" - everything was leading up to finding out what that was, and exactly what it meant is up to the people to decide.

But in the end, I still challenge people to find TV shows that end well. It's hard enough to put a decent ending on a 2 hour movie, but to stuff an "ending" into 10 episodes when you've gone through 61 prior to this has to be a tough task.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote