Thread: Frak Me
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #324 (permalink)
spooky

Oh, so we aren't judging it on it's own merit, we are comparing it to the average, non award winning shows? Isn't that like comparing Oscar nominated movies to the average, Ewe Boll directed crap? Are you saying no movie has to end well, because the ones in the middle of the bell curve do not?

Even Dallas had a better ending. Rosanne, too. They, at least, didn't as drastically change the rules on you, suddenly declaring Dan Connor or JR Ewing as angels.

I answered your question, now answer mine. Are you going to watch any of the new stuff they drop on us knowing that nothing that happens in the plots have to make any sense, have any kind of relevance, knowing that behind every action, a heavy handed, dim witted God is doing everything? Kowing that at any time, they can pull the angel card and make anyone resurrect, disappear, have visions, perform magic, void character development?

Here is a lie for you, from Moore himself:
"This show was always meant to have a beginning, a middle and finally, an end. Over the course of the last year, the story and the characters have been moving strongly toward that end and we've decided to listen to those internal voices and conclude the show on our own terms," stated Eick and Moore. "On a personal level, it's been a creative privilege and an honor for all of us who work on the show and we know we'll be lucky to ever see its like again. And while we know our fans will be saddened to know the end is coming, they should brace themselves for a wild ride getting there - we're going out with a bang."
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.

Last edited by spooky; 03-25-2009 at 07:09 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote