View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 10:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
william

This whole thing saddens me.

So, so sad that people die for causes, for ideas, for hatred, for misgivings. You are not me and I do not forgive your trespasses. It is great and though you feel justified, I know you are not. I demand retribution.

Issues cause us to fight, but in the end, all we want is some respect, happiness, and love. Greed perverts these desires.

I am happier not knowing of these things, these sad, sad things. I am fortunate that if I choose, I can avoid knowing much of them. Yet I know these things will affect me, affect the life of my loved ones.

Realize that this comes from my western mindset, but a world government would be so nice. The United Countries of the World or something like that. What would it take? In Watchmen (Alan Moore), (SPOILER ALERT) Adrian Veidt constructs a mock alien invasion. This refocuses the US and the USSR from war and towards a new, mutual enemy.

Forgive others their trespasses, not as we would ask them to forgive ours but with greater empathy and love than we would expect for ourselves.

And I know that were I to walk in their shoes, maybe, probably, I wouldnt be so forgiving. But would I knowingly commit actions that would lead to the death of another? No. I dont think so.

Lives ended. Lives destroyed.

So, so sad.

"That's me -- call me crazy, call me a pervert, but this is something I enjoy."
- Boogie Nights
(Offline)   Reply With Quote