View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 12:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
benjita

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMjoCanadian
and we call those people..... faggots

Do you really think you could hunt down someone who attacked your family? Would you risk your own imprisonment on revenge? I wouldn't let them slide, no person (man, woman, or faggot) would just let it go, but physically hunting them down is not an easy option. Personally, I've never touched a gun (outside of water or paintball gun) in my life. For the first 25 years of my life, I've not even come within 5 feet of a real gun, other than museum exhibits. This was not by my choice, but by chance. Do you think it would just be easy for me to pick up a gun, with no training or experience, and hunt down someone? Even if it were a knife. I have no training in knives other than to cut food. I'm not a violent man by nature. Never instigated a fight, nor have had one instigated against me. While I would feel much anger at the injustice, I could not even think of the first step in "hunting" them down.

Rather, I would seek help from people who are skilled in the art of fighting. Whether it be law enforcement for my own personal injustice, or an army for an injustice done against my people, I am not a person to do so.

If you are, so be it. I'm not going to say "you're a better man than I", because I don't believe a word of that. I don't even care if you call me a faggot because I don't practice violence, nor do I think I ever could (for ANY reason). Most people who call pacifists faggots (or pussies) are just blowing smoke anyway. They couldn't do it either.

The world needs all people, pacifists included. Sometimes retribution is not always the right way. In this case, I would venture to say that neither violent retribution nor treating the aggressor with compassion will work. This is a holy war, and no resolution can be seen in the near future.

Moral Number 4: The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind. Except in New Jersey, where what's blowing in the wind smells funny.

http://twitter.com/benjitathesane
http://www.facebook.com/benjitathesane
(Offline)   Reply With Quote