View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 07:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
spooky

On Spain footballers calling players monkeys:

While I realize the term "Moors" has no real ethnological basis, at least among the intellectual crowds, wasn't Spain conquered by Moors for like...a thousand years? So if Blacks in America are largely racist and get a pass on it, having been conquered/enslaved by whites, shouldn't a Black from America recognize Spain's common man racism as being alright, having been conquered/enslaved by Moors or is there some kind of double standard here? North Africans are certainly dark, and when dealing with ignorance anyway, I don't see how you could hold their feet to the fire on such a minor distinction without coming down hard on blacks in America.

Anyway, I haven't heard any Spaniard comedians, but I think racist Black comedy is hilarious, and both should therefore be protected.

But according to Janean Garrafalo, if you aren't left wing liberal, you're a white supremacist, so maybe I just can't see clearly through my Klan coloured glasses?

Thoughts?
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote