View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 01:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
DaveNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanknapper
Dawn and Drew serve as a lesson to others: Don't quit your day job. When you do you have nothing left to talk about. If I wanted to listen to that I'd take out my earphones.
So true. By making podcasting their whole life, all they can talk about is the farm and how wacky Dawn is (ooh, I'm pagan, ooh, I have blue hair, ooh, I have weird dreams, etc., etc.). Seriously, they have nothing to talk about anymore. Their popularity is leveling out, and once Podshow fails to renew their contract they're going to be in deep shit. They're spending like drunken sailors right now (Honda Element, RV, trips around the nation and to Jamaica), and it's all on credit. Their debts will still be around when the Podshow Contract is finished, and they have basically no skills to get good jobs. At least KATG have the clown thing. No matter how much they hate it, clown Mondays are always fun for the listeners, and give us such guests as Jeff and Max. D&D only have each other, whereas KATG have a whole bullpen of guests: Spooky, Matt, Patrice, Max, and tons more. That means the show never runs out of ammunition. Plus, they have no time limit, whereas D&D can't go over 24 minutes. This means KATG's content will always be greater. One major example: without Chemda, Keith, Matt, and Spooky recorded the ten+ hours Secret Post-Show (or as I call it, the Uncle Miltie's Dick Show). They did more in one night than D&D do in five weeks, and they were funnier to boot. Every KATG show is 3-4 times longer than one D&D episode, and there's no dead air or "you're bombing" moments. D&D used to be pretty good, now it's barely tolerable even for someone who used to like it, whereas KATG has hit its stride. Its sound is finally top notch, it has more content, superior content, superior stuff outside of the podcast (chat, forums, gatherings, etc.), and better hosts. I guess I should have called this "Why The World Doesn't Need D&D".
(Offline)   Reply With Quote