View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 12:02 AM   #31 (permalink)
darwinball

I don't get the "rivalry" thing. Maybe because I listen to podcasts 40 hours a week, I'm not too picky...but I think there's room for everyone in podcasting. I get great content from therationalradical, npr, slate, karmabanque, kqrs(minneapolis), dawnanddrew, naughtykarate, distortedview, wired, twit, airferg, soccergirl, pkandj, and katg. I love Chemda and Keith's 'cast the most because they are so sharp..the improvisational quality of their riffing is unlike any other entertainment available anywhere.

I enjoy Drew and Dawn for their quirky personality, but must admit that their shows are often directionless. Katg always have topics and gossip lined up in case they need them, but easily carry the hour or more on the force of their wit and wordplay. The consistent quality of katg is unmatched. Does it sound like I want to fuck/suck them? I really don't, I just think they are very special people and feel privileged to share in their lives.

Anyway, in the words of Mick Jagger in "Gimme Shelter:" "Who's fighting and what for?"
(Offline)   Reply With Quote