View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mikey

Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimFromBoston View Post
*Not asking for donations or anything*

So basically I moved to the middle of nowhere in Arkansas because I got out of the service and couldn't find a job anywhere. A recently divorced friend needed a new place to live, and me and two others ended up getting a place here together. It was fine for a little while but I still couldn't find work and unemployment and past bills were fucking shit over (I'm also filing for bankruptcy).

So what I did was use my GI Bill and got accepted next semester to a college in Boston, my hometown. But as luck would have it, we're being evicted at the end of this month and everyone's gotta go. Everyone else is staying down here but I've gotta find a way to get home for school. Trying to find another place around here is out of the question as the friends I've made down here can't offer anything and the place my existing room mates are getting doesn't have enough room.

I've suggested to my family a few times of living at home with them until school starts but my father doesn't talk to me anymore and my mother is too scared to ask him to let me stay, I think eventually that might work out but it's really in limbo.

To make matters worse, my car got repossessed yesterday.

What sucks is that the new GI Bill is going to pay me a ton once school starts for a place to live but I can't get any of that money now to help me move home, and with only getting $430 a week in unemployment (until it runs out next month), it makes me really really strapped for cash.

Can anyone offer suggestions as to what the hell I can do? Having to live in Arkansas is hell enough but I'm open to any suggestions on what to do so I'm not out on the street.

I realize it's stupid to post on an internet forum about this but I need all the help I can get and the KatG community seems really tight.
8 whole posts and i should give a fuck bout you, why?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote