Thread: 971: Awkward
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 07:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Blitzgal

Chemda, I'm also one of those people who doesn't drink because she doesn't like the taste. Over the years I've had friends try "fixing" my problem by offering me various kinds of drinks to try, but alcohol just leaves an odd burning aftertaste in my throat that I don't like. I'd rather just have a soda, or coffee. Mmmmmm, coffee....

I think one reason drinkers "don't trust" non-drinkers is because they think we're secretly judging them for drinking. But I really couldn't care less if someone drinks. The only time it's a problem for me is if the person starts to get violent or creepy when he's drunk. Then I just get the hell away from him.

But it's funny because every time someone asks me why I don't drink and I say I just don't like the taste, about 90% of the time their answer to that is, "Well after three drinks you don't mind the taste anymore!" Sorry, if I have to force it down until I'm numb, then how am I enjoying this again?

Being in Wisconsin, the number one drunk driving state in the country, there's a definite benefit to being the sober driver in your group. Lots of free food and soda.