View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 06:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
Junkenstein
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsonix View Post
I don't think Joe Rogan sold out.

"Shiny Happy Jihad" is definitely in my top 5.

If you haven't listened to it you should.I'd like him to release another record, but it seems these things take a while.

David Cross is also awesome. I don't think he has sold out either, not that I've seen every shitty movie he's been in.

And Doug Stanhope and the man show? Was that selling out? Doug is fucking amazing, who gives a fuck! His cd's prove that.

So I guess it's all opinion.
Maybe i didnt explain myself clearly (it happens). I love Joe Rogan's stuff and i was a big fan of David Cross (especially his first album). Also i worship Doug Stanhope. But my point of view as a fan is completely different from the one who works and lives with his stand up comedy.

Doug and Joe have always been the first to say that both Fear Factor and The Man show were crap. Cross was one of the smuggiest men on earth, he despised any form of comedy or entertainment who wasnt "intelligent", he shat on other comedians for being too low brow and on the fans too (just take a look at his "Let America Laugh"). And now he does "Alvin and the chipmunks".

Of course, in the end, i dont care. I'm just saying that i see why Marc thinks the way he does.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote