View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 01:51 AM   #60 (permalink)
Bucho
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I was listening again today and the only thing I wished was different is if Keith or Chemda had brought up the point that a lower profile guy calling out the thief that stole his jokes not only has less power than someone like Joe Rogan - so the thief can ignore it more easily because he has less risk of the wider public becoming aware of it - but the thief also denies the original guy the power that comes from delivering the joke to a fresh audience.

I mean, the first time you hear a joke it has the most power, so for example if people heard Louis do the jokes after bigtime Dane had already exposed the joke to a mass audience, then they'd be seeing Lewis for the first time but not hearing his jokes for the first time, and so he'd make less of a splash and consequently have less chance of reaching Cook's level of success than if it wasn't already second-hand material. It's only one aspect of the crime, but I wonder what Marc would've said in response given that he was saying the theif should be called out once, then left to his own conscience. Because really, fuck a theif's conscience, they're scumbags, that's why there should be comedy police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Oh the lovely puns that would sprout from this, if Myq read it. Bucho, Bucho, you never disappoint me, you kiwi simian.
I can't remember who the poster was that started comparing them but I'm sure he never meant Myq and Joe's names to become forever linked in some people's minds in a positive way. Now whenever Joe is mentioned what comes to mind is Fear Factor, mind-expansion techniques, UFC and Myq Kaplan. Oh the delicious irony.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote