View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 08:16 AM   #70 (permalink)
Junkenstein
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trashy View Post
Twist implies intent. I'm just going by what I heard him say on the show. It was still playing while I wrote that, so I think I got it right. But I'll re-listen at some point. I thought he included more than just Fear Factor in his critique. I specifically remember that he said something about Fear Factor *starting* the whole reality show thing, and I remember him including the UFC thing in his critique of Joe selling out. He definitely has a problem with Rogan in general.
He made a couple of jokes about UFC, that definitely showed that he does not like that too. But his main point was that he tought that joke stealing was bad and wrong but Joe Rogan is not a hero in his eyes, and respoinsible for getting involved in something he despises, for what i think are more than valid reasons. He also said that he has no personal beef with Joe. He just hates the lowering of the american culture (he often said that both in his stand-up and his book, also on the show), and "Fear Factor" definitely was one of the major starters of the vile type of reality shows we have today.

Anyway, yeah, i'll re-listen eventually. But i'm pretty sure i wont change my mind. No offense to you, of course.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote