View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #72 (permalink)
Junkenstein
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
It might be a great movie, but when he was describing it to Keith, I thought, "Yeah, he really is NOT going to be interested in seeing this one!" I don't even mind subtitles, but I'm not sure I want to see an entire movie that takes place in the bunker. I think my favorite foreign film recently was "Let the Right One In." But I'm a vampire and zombie buff, not a war film fan.
On that i have to correct Mark. Yes it does take place a lot in the bunker, especially in its second half. But it has a lot of exterior shots. It's not an action war movie, more of a very gritty and intense psychological drama. It is also the only movie i've seen that portrays Hitler as a real person (mind you, not sympathetic. Just not the cartoony nut you usually see) and goes deep into showing the nazi descent into madness and self destruction. Not for everybody but very powerful stuff, and based on a good source too (A book by Joachim Fest, the greatest researcher on Hitler's life and the history of the Nazi party)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote