View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #78 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Rogan's ok but he's no Myq Kaplan.
Agreed, Joe Rogan and I are different.
(I heard that people were talking about Rogan again, and since we're internet discussion twins, I figured it appropriate to come weigh in.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Oh the lovely puns that would sprout from this, if Myq read it.
You got your wish. Go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
I can't remember who the poster was that started comparing them but I'm sure he never meant Myq and Joe's names to become forever linked in some people's minds in a positive way. Now whenever Joe is mentioned what comes to mind is Fear Factor, mind-expansion techniques, UFC and Myq Kaplan. Oh the delicious irony.
Hey, it's not ALL ironic. I like expanding minds. I have fear.
But you're right, I don't enjoy Ultimate Fried Chicken.

In any event, Joe and I are partners forever now, thanks everyone!
Look out for our new companion show to Fear Factor that's in the works: Anxiety Element.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarbles View Post
I'm not sorry if it's harder for failed standups to get a job writing a hack sitcom. Life doesn't guarantee success. If they can't write something more entertaining than a guy eating a goat penis, then maybe they should find another line of work.
But are you sorry that it's also harder for GOOD standups to get a job writing a GOOD sitcom?
"Arrested Development" was one of the best shows there was, but it went away, and not because it wasn't more entertaining than a man eating a goat penis (though that is a high bar to compete with).

Reality TV is cheaper and easier to produce than scripted shows. And since it's been working, that makes people perpetuate it even more. So less good scripted shows are given a shot than in a world where reality TV didn't get so much support.

I agree that people/writers/comedians/artists/entertainers should put a solid investment in creating good work.
Rogan certainly does that with his standup, as does Maron, who is one of my favorites.
And since I'm linked with Rogan, everyone is friends now!

Later!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote