View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 06:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Andrea's toothbrush

It is interesting that a documentary (Capturing the Friedmans)from several years ago is sparking conversations on the past few episodes of KATG. It's been awhile since I've seen it. But the one thing the I remember when it was first released was a review of the film in one of those LA papers.

The critic brought up the the scene that Matt described:The one with the jailed father requesting to be moved from a visitor room because there was a child in the room that turned him on.

The critic, who maintained the father was innocent of the crimes he was accused of, while still admitting that the guy had a "problem", had the nerve to write some shit that I can't believe and still pisses me off. The critic was angry because there seemed to be a slant against the accused in the movie and the critic claimed that because the father requested to be removed from the room it showed he had "restraint" and that he was getting better. To which I've always wanted to respond:

"He couldn't do anything to the child anyway. He was in prison, and would've had his ass handed to him if he tried anything. And that action proved that he was sick and didn't have restraint, or else he would've continued the meeting with his lawyer and put the kid out of his head. The only reason he asked to leave was to relieve his own possible embarrassment and painful reminder of his addiction/sickness."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote