View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #2763 (permalink)
standardman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydizzle View Post
The controls would be my only issue, but it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. True, the characters control like tanks, but every game has a unique control scheme. It really does just take some getting used to and in the context of the game mechanics, it makes perfect sense. Does everyone want all games to control the same? Communists.

And yes, they should remake two and three. that would be fucking awesome and cool and would make my day repeatedly for many days.

Oh, and yes, I had a Dreamcast, but didn't play Code Veronica until it was re-released on PS2. My Dreamcast playing consisted mostly of Powerstone and the Sonic Adventures.
The whole 'tension through restricted movement' thing does make sense (less so when they used it for action games) but my problem is I tend to play a number of games at once (generally, games don't control that differently from each other) and spend the first ten minutes of tank controls trying to get used to them while some zombies try and make a sandwich of me.

I remember the announcement of the remake being paired with the announcement of the rerelease of 2 and 3 - they kind of set us up for disappointment with that.

Ah, the Sonic Adventure series, also known as the last good Sonic games. Sonic with a sword is like Spider-Man with a helicopter - two cool things that combine into a redundant, silly looking misstep. Don't get me started on Sonic Unleashed.

Last edited by standardman; 12-08-2009 at 06:43 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote