View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #2765 (permalink)
Kydizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
The whole 'tension through restricted movement' thing does make sense (less so when they used it for action games) but my problem is I tend to play a number of games at once (generally, games don't control that differently from each other) and spend the first ten minutes of tank controls trying to get used to them while some zombies try and make a sandwich of me.

I remember the announcement of the remake being paired with the announcement of the rerelease of 2 and 3 - they kind of set us up for disappointment with that.

Ah, the Sonic Adventure series, also known as the last good Sonic games. Sonic with a sword is like Spider-Man with a helicopter - two cool things that combine into a redundant, silly looking misstep. Don't get me started on Sonic Unleashed.
I've definitely had the problem with having to constantly crash-course control schemes from game hopping.

Onimusha (the original) was a little more action based and had the same control scheme as RE but it was still technically a survival horror game with swords instead of guns and demons instead of zombies (plus, it was made by Capcom after all).

Here's to hoping they one day do re-make RE 2 and 3, but they never will, just like Square-Enix are dirty liars about re-making FFVII, I'll never believe them (although I do like entertaining thoughts that XIII is a spiritual remake of VII).

And Spider-man with a helicopter? That's fucking badass. Web Cannons on the wings ftw.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote