View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #2931 (permalink)
standardman

Quote:
Originally Posted by notedhero View Post
I love it. It's gorgeous, and as far as action/adventure shooter go, it has me hooked. I play online with friends a lot, and I'm obsessed with leveling up, getting characters, etc. I've already beaten the game on normal, and I'm definitely going to go back and do it on hard.
It just shows what the PS3 can do when developers use it's insanely designed architecture to it's full potential. I also like that one of the best looking blockbuster action games also has great characters and voice work and a story that holds together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyeshawn View Post
Yeah dude, how about Sunday 10th in the day time?
Chicago is six hours behind GMT but I'll be home from work 7-8 GMT tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naberdy View Post
I found a copy of Dark Corners at a used game store. It really is a fantastic game, as you travel around the game you can see things that will start to make you go crazy. There isn't a sanity meter or anything but your character will just start having hallucinations. It's done incredibly well and the game also has a lot of small references to a bunch of Lovecraft's short stories.
I'm gonna have to seek it out, I'm baffled as to why it's not on digital distribution yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I found my self re-playing a couple of levels of Bioshock, lately. All considered, the charcters that have most of my sympathy (besides the fact that they kick your ass) are the big daddies. Even more than the controversil little sisters. Such sad sad creatures... I just loved how they generally never attacked if you didnt attack them first or touch the sisters, but they jusat pushed you away. As an old school gamer that was used to shoot at everything inn sight, learning that you could actually cross their way and go on, was one of the many pleasantly distiurbing things in this universe.

I seriously hope their role is expanded in the sequel.
I think it's become one of my favourite games (up there with Half Life 2, STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl and Rez), even if it does fall apart in the third act. I loved watching the Big Daddies and Little Sister's interact, such an atmospheric world. I have high hopes for the sequel but I'm unsure why multiplayer is there, beyond sales.