View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 01:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
12side

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlucker View Post
i think the problem is, there is no character development in movies. which leads to dull, basic stories that get dragged on for over an hour.
I actually think the exact opposite. I think Keith is more into movies with a well based and intriguing story with somewhat static characters. I think that the character development process can be somewhat overwhelming to some. I personally love it, but I can understand those who don't. Pulp Fiction is a good example of excellent story with characters that don't do a whole lot of developing. Their personalities are already set in stone at the start of the movie. (Couterpoint: Jules getting into God after surviving the gun fight)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Keith ha the same approach toi movies that he has to anything else. He's hypercritical and even a small flaw pisses him off. So he doesnt hate movies. He's just more prone to dislike stuff than like it, because he's a hard-ass.
Keith likes a well laid out story that all fits together. He enjoys American Cheese, not that Swiss cheese crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
In the end i saw Avatar, to understand the hoopla. This isnt the riht movie to base this argument on. It's a retarded toy on steroids and the exact opposite of what Keith likes in a movie. So, it's not a surprise at all that he did not like it.

Sidenote: If that thing is the future of movies, then movies are DEAD. There's nothing in that simple, one-note, three hour tripe that was worth going to an overpriced crowded theater. Not even the 3D.

I dont get it. I was with a bunch of friends. One was a 35 year old lady with kids. A grown up. And she was crying at the end. BAWLING. And trying to explain to me how this thing was deep and about the balance of the universe. Seriously, i'd rather have a world populated by Keiths with their perspective and reasoning criticism than this new generation of men-children, that feed their inner kid more than the actual ones.

It's a shame that these people are ourtbreeding the smart ones.
This argument could be its own thread, haha, but I'll extract one point and that is suspension of disbelief. Some people don't have it, and those people like to call those who do, "stupid". I think throwing yourself whole-heartedly into the movie makes for a more rewarding experience. Some people watch the movie, others experience it. Call me retarded, if you'd like, but I really do enjoy long character driven movies, that I can really get into, emotionally.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote