View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #28 (permalink)
Bucho
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I don't think Keith hates movies, in fact the exact opposite. He loves movies so much that when he sees one he thinks is bad he sees it as an insult to the medium he loves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
It's on the CR itunes feed. Worth listening.
Thanks buddy, I remember back when they did the show I tried to get it but that Comical Radio website is ass. I usually avoid itunes but if you and Kyle are going to force me to listen I guess it's time to bite the bullet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12side View Post
This argument could be its own thread, haha, but I'll extract one point and that is suspension of disbelief. Some people don't have it, and those people like to call those who do, "stupid". I think throwing yourself whole-heartedly into the movie makes for a more rewarding experience. Some people watch the movie, others experience it. Call me retarded, if you'd like, but I really do enjoy long character driven movies, that I can really get into, emotionally.
Saying some people have suspension of disbelief and some don't is way oversimplistic. I've heard a lot of people who were underwhelmed by Avatar say they were moved a great deal by recent (and far less "real") films like Up and entertained a great deal by plothole ridden movies like Star Trek. It's an entirely subjective thing and it's up to the film-maker to construct a coherent world and story and characters so that his/her audience can make sense of it.

The Matrix and Watchmen occur in realities far removed from our own and yet Keith loved them. To say he can't suspend disbelief is flat out erroneous.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote