View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #3069 (permalink)
Junkenstein
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Yeah, I finished it with a Paragon female Soldier that I carried over from the first game. It's soooo fucking good.

I love pretty much all of the characters, except maybe Jack. Garrus, Mordin, and Grunt are great characters, but my favourite from ME2 is my favourite from 1: Tali.
I think it speaks to the quality of the characters that I was fucking committed to getting everyone through that alive.
Me too, and that cant be attributed just to the amazing graphics or the story (Which is simple but effective). It's the atmosphere and charcter design that pushed me to play like a maniac at every chance i got. I was hooked to the faith of the normandy team. More than the first. The old charcters become even more layered and REAL than the first. And the new ones, well...

Thane, the Crying Freeman of the ME world? Jack, that is like a psychological study on what happens when a woman is abused repeatedly. Mordin, with his spock-like logic and his unexpected bursts of sweetness.

And Grunt? I loved Wrex, but the whole Grunt character arc made me fall in love not only with him, but with all the Krogan race.

The quotable lines, the deep moral and heartbreaking moments, all drenched in tight action. Amazing.

Bioshock 2 will have to be a real masterpiece to beat it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote