View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 01:34 AM   #3580 (permalink)
basserino

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
I never got to try firefight because I came to the game late and there's no matchmaking. I like the first few seasons of RvB (even got a DVD) but not seen much else.
I was the same way until about 2 months ago I had a sudden curiosity about what happened to RvB. What they've achieved is quite stunning. Checking out the last three seasons (which are called Reconstruction, Recreation and now Revelations) could be worth your time. Also, it's one of the very, very few grass-roots built internet phenoms with a community and level of success that actually eclipses KATG's. Pretty much every video game ad you've seen on TV for the last 3 or 4 years was made by those guys.

As for Mirror's Edge, luckily I never experienced any motion sickness or the like. That game was so close to touching greatness but just misses. It feels a little incomplete, and was overly linear for a concept that screams for some open world freedom, even within a specific point-point objective. Hopefully there's enough interest in a sequel to make it happen.

I also came into ODST late, but luckily so did a good friend and we were playing a ton of 2 player firefight, it's awesome, but it needs matchmaking. (The thought of trying to do it with random typical Halo players is kind of a nightmare for me though- it requires actual co-operation, an use of a headset, which I rarely use on matchmaking.)
How's Invasion Mode on Halo Reach? I've been out of town for two days so I haven't had a chance to give it a go.

Last edited by basserino; 05-09-2010 at 01:37 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote