View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 08:31 AM   #3599 (permalink)
rhesusattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altruism View Post
While they did push the story in a more action/shooter direction with the story, the good old Splinter Cell is still there. You have to do deniable ops, with either the Hunter or Infiltration modes (Hunter leaves more room for error and is a little easier). In those modes, you can choose to go guns blazing if you like, but it is generally better to be as stealthy as possible and I enjoyed going through it without being spotted or only using stealth kills (no guns/gadgets). I generally ended up liking it more than the campaign missions, simply because you have the option to play it how you like. On some of the campaign missions there are sections where you simply can't be stealthy at all and have to go third-person shooting style guns blazing and/or tossing grenades.

It seems like an odd choice, but I was at least pleased to find that there was still pure stealth gameplay in this Splinter Cell, even though you have to dig a little bit to find it. Plus, they made it so you don't move like a snail when hanging from a ledge, which was long overdue. I hated how being stealthy was painfully slow.
Yeah, I've played a bit of the co-op stuff and I agree that it's fun, but I'm talking about the end of the single player campaign. If you're playing on Realistic, Sam can take like two shots from dudes at the end of the game and it constantly forces you to fight waves of guys pretty much head on, so I kept dying over and over and over again in what probably amounted to the last 30 minutes of the game.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote