View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 02:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
invader
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

There is no way to defend Hooters with out coming off as at least somewhat of a misogynist, but here goes; I'm not really defending Hooters, like most corporate restaurants their rules are probably silly and unfair to begin with without the extra layer of having to physically look a certain way. But she knew that going into the job. Yes, Part of me feels bad for her and thinks she is getting the short end of the stick, but a larger part of me thinks she needs to either find another job or shut up and start doing crunches. What the news story left out is how much this girl weighed when she first got the job. If she was 115 when she started, then yes 23 pounds would be very noticeable especially if she is wearing the same size "uniform" she started with.

I've never been to a Hooters, with that said, I never once associated Hooters with rock hard abs. But no one wants to go to a restaurant of any kind and have a sloppy looking person taking your order. Its not our fault that its a lot easier to look sloppy in a tank top and short shorts than it is in a pair of black slacks and a dress shirt.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote