View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 02:44 AM   #65 (permalink)
spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
It's absolutely still legal in the states, I'm in college and I know tons of friends that go into the plasma donation center twice a week to donate plasma for some extra spending money
Yeah, I'm sure it is, probably only in low risk population areas. In NYC, though, it's illegal. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I gave plasma once, after years of regular whole blood donation.

It was gross and populated by homeless people, and Jimmy had to remove his pants during his preliminary medical exam, something the rest of us who went did not have to do. The whole thing seemed shady, nevermind the blood machines being reused with no apparent internal cleaning between donations. I'm 100% positive it was all on the up and up, but my spoiled ass would prefer to see disposable equipment.

So I never donated again.

Also, the time it takes to donate, including waiting room time, you wind up making like $7 an hour.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote