View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 12:06 PM   #3688 (permalink)
standardman

Valve have updated The Orange Box with a Mac version, which means if you own it on one format, you now own it for both. Even better, your save files are now stored in the cloud and are platform agnostic. Save it on a PC, load it on a Mac, world peace through mute physicists hitting things with crowbars in alien-choked Eastern Europe.

They also updated Half-Life 2 with achievements and 'graphical upgrades' (dunno what, devilishone thinks it might be HDR and higher res textures). This gives me all the excuse I need to play them again.

Don't already own Orange Box or a Mac owner new to steam? I've got your back.

SAAAAAAAAAAAALES

The Orange Box is 30% cheaper on steam £11.89 gets you the definitive statement in the modern linear FPS in Half-Life 2 and the episodes, the perfect puzzler Portal and the finest class based shooter ever made in Team Fortress 2. MAC AND PC FRIENDLY ULTRO-BARGAIN IN CAPS!

Over on Impulse, the Mass Effect and Dragon Age bundles are on sale for the Americas and Canada only, $41.99 and $47.99 respectively.

Sins of a Solar Empire is a tiny £2.77/$3.99

Demigod is £6.94/$9.99

Gratuitous Space Battles Complete is £14.20/$20.45

And the wha-huge THQ Ultimate Bundle is only £25.78/$37.12 it contains:

Quote:
Company of Heroes Gold
Company of Heroes Tales of Valor
Full Spectrum Warrior
Full Spectrum Warrior – Ten Hammers
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights
Red Faction
Red Faction II
Red Faction Guerrilla
S.T.A.L.K.E.R – Shadow of Chernobyl
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
Titan Quest
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne
Warhammer 40k: Gold
Warhammer 40k: Dark Crusade
Warhammer 40k: Soulstorm
Insane.

I keep meaning to post about some games I've been playing. It's what this thread is for, after all.

Last edited by standardman; 05-27-2010 at 12:08 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote