View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 11:27 AM   #3831 (permalink)
madeyeshawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Living Dead View Post
I've loved Final Fantasy games in the past, but right now I'm not really into the battle system of XIII. Just the game as a whole seems to be lacking the (excuse the cliche) "magic" of the past FF games. Granted, I'm only about 5-6 hours in. Continue, yes or no?
For me that style of gaming has aged very poorly. I didnt even bother trying it yet, my rpg gaming tastes have changed after: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout3, and exct...

Plus Im starting to favor games that only require between 8-15 hrs for a complete campaign experience and if they offer re-playability via "open world sand box side questing" then I can casually eventually accumulate 100+ hours of gameplay. But it seems I can only do so, when it feels optional to the main quest.

With all the great games out right now like Mass effect 2, Red Dead, Alan Wake, Borderlands, Darksiders, Mario Galaxy 2, Splinter Cell, and exct... If any of these games interest you, bailing out of FF13 might not be the worst idea.

So many great games out right now it becomes hard to excuse feeling bored or annoyed for any kind of long term grind.

Maybe someone who completed FF13 will have a less ignorant opinion. I guess Im officially considered an ex-Final fantasy fan.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote