View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 04:50 PM   #79 (permalink)
Bucho
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I've always thought there should be a game clock that stops whenever there's a stoppage, like they have in rugby league and basketball, so that everyone knows during the game exactly how long there is to play. I guess the ref stops his own watch and that's how the length of stoppage time is decided, but it's not ideal that the audience doesn't get to know the same information until the 45 or 90 minute marks.

Maicon's goal yesterday was a thing of beauty, and just as well, North Korea DPR were defending like demons. That game needed something special and Maicon conjured it up. The upset for Spain today is good, it always makes the tournament more dramatic when a big side loses to an underdog team like that. It's realistically too much to ask that New Zealand does the same to Italy, but a guy can dream for a few days at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
Ronaldo is probably the worst diver, but this is pretty ridiculous too:

I love that. There should be more of that kind of pisstaking by the players.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote