Thread: Xbox 360 Vs PS3
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 10:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
riles

Xbox 360 Vs PS3

Hey all,

I'm mainly a lurker/listener but I had a question for all of you gamers out there. Which system would you recommend for someone that's very very late to the game? Should I just wait at this point, or would I get decent use out of a system?

I have pretty much been primarily a pc gamer for a while (cheaper to just download and I like modding/tweaking games), but I'm pretty sick of upgrading video cards and waiting months for games. I really want to play Red Dead Redemption, so that's basically the catalyst for all this. So I'm looking at a new system. Probably not Wii though, as I'd like the graphics to be on par with my PC.

I've heard horror stories of the red ring of death (but that microsoft basically will cover the bill), also heard a friend's story of his PS3 failing several times after he updated the Sony firmware, and then having to pay $150 to fix it.

Another thing, I have a bluray player, but never use it...would probably just sell it on craigslist if I went with PS3. I'm also interested in Sony exclusive games (Heavy Rain, God of War series, Uncharted).

I have also heard that Xbox is easier to mod...any opinions on that?

Thanks for any info you all can provide!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote